Date: 2013-07-22 - 2013-07-26
Location: Pasadena, CA, USA
Caltech Gravitational-Wave Astrophysics School (CGWAS 2013)
July 22 – 26, 2013
California Institute of Technology
CGWAS is a summer school for senior undergraduates and graduate students interested in the astrophysics of gravitational-wave sources and their neutrino and electromagnetic counterparts.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2013
Apply at http://www.cgwas.org .
Limited support for accomodation is available.
Topics covered include:
– The physics of gravitational wave sources
– Gravitational wave source populations
– Gravitational wave detection and data analysis
– Time-domain astronomy and electromagnetic counterparts
– Neutrino counterparts and observation
– Numerical relativity and The Einstein Toolkit
D. Kasen (UCB/LBNL), M. Modjaz (NYU), S. Nissanke (Caltech), R. O’Shaughnessy (UWM), C. Ott (Caltech), A. Piro (Caltech), E. Schnetter (Perimeter), K. Scholberg (Duke), A. Weinstein (Caltech)
L. Cadonati, C. Ott (chair), P. Moesta, S. Nissanke, A. Weinstein
Poster download: http://www.cgwas.org/media/CGWAS_poster.pdf
CGWAS is supported by NSF CAREER award PHY-1151197.