CEICO Postdoctoral Research positions the fields of Cosmology and Gravity
The Central European Institute of Cosmology and Fundamental Physics (CEICO) at the Institute of Physics of the Czech Academy of Sciences in Prague welcomes applications for Postdoctoral Researcher positions.
The positions are expected to start in September 2020 and are offered until 31 Oct 2022.An extension may be offered for an additional year subject to availability of funds. An earlier starting date is negotiable. The monthly gross salary is in the range 50 000 – 60 000 CZK from which tax, social and health insurance are deducted. We offer an annual 100 000 CZK (4000EUR) travel budget. Candidates are expected to have completed a PhD degree in Physics, or a related field, before taking up the post.
Successful candidates will work in any of the following areas of research:
- Late Universe cosmology (e.g. dark energy and modified gravity, dark matter, cosmological simulations)
- Tests of the cosmological model, including statistical techniques, modeling of data and parameter estimation
- Theoretical aspects of gravity (e.g. gravity in quantum field theory, model consistency, screening mechanisms)
- Strong-field gravity (e.g. tests of gravity with compact objects, physics of black holes, PPN formalism)
- Early Universe cosmology (e.g. inflationary models, origin of the Big-Bang, inflationary model testing)
As part of CEICO, successful candidates will have access to the team’s 1000 core computer cluster.
Applicants are requested to apply by filling the online form at https://ceico.cz/jobs/cosmograv-2019 and uploading a single pdf file (font size no less than 11) with
- Curriculum Vitae.
- A one-page statement of past research achievements.
- A two-page research proposal, describing also how their research interests would fit within CEICO.
- List of publications.
The contact details of at least three academic referees must be supplied online. As the application system will contact the referees automatically, it is the applicant’s responsibility to inform them of their application and the deadline.
The deadline for all application material (including reference letters) is 6 January 2020.
Enquiries may be addressed to Constantinos Skordis, <email@example.com>.Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
CEICO is a new research centre, established with funds from the Czech Academy of Sciences, the Czech Science Foundation, the Ministry of Education, Youth and Sports and the European Commission. The international team of experts is headed by Martin Schnabl and Costas Skordis and comprises staff members Michael Prouza, Ignacy Sawicki and Alex Vikman, senior scientists Ted Erler, Sergey Karpov, Joris Raeymaekers and Federico Urban and another nineteen postdoctoral researchers and graduate students. The team’s areas of research are: cosmology, gravity, string field theory, and instrumentation for cosmological observations.
CEICO values diversity and is committed to equality of opportunity.
Further information about CEICO and its research programmes can be found at http://www.ceico.cz.
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>