SageMath 9.0 is out
SageMath 9.0 has just been released. It is a major new version, the first one based on Python 3. Binaries for Linux, macOS and Windows, as well as Docker images, are available at https://www.sagemath.org/download.html. It is also available online at https://sagecell.sagemath.org/ and https://cocalc.com.
Regarding calculus on manifolds, SageMath 9.0 has important new features:
– vector bundles (brand new!)
– characteristic classes
– more flexibility in constructing vector frames
– possibility to specify multiple symmetries and contractions in index notation
– more control on the numerical ODE solver for geodesics
– various small improvements and bug fixes
See https://sagemanifolds.obspm.fr/changelog.html for details.
SageMath is a Python-based free computer algebra system, with some differential geometry and tensor calculus capabilities implemented via the SageManifolds project (https://sagemanifolds.obspm.fr/). See https://sagemanifolds.obspm.fr/examples.html for examples of use, in particular in the context of general relativity.
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>