We are pleased to announce that a three-days workshop on relativistic positioning systems and their scientific applications will be held at Brdo near Kranj, Slovenia, on 19-21 September 2012. The workshop is organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the University of Ljubljana and ESA Advanced Concepts Team. The goal of the workshop is to bring together those interested in the development of Relativistic Positioning Systems (RPS) and, in particular, to share ideas and establish future lines of research and collaborations.
Topics of the workshop include:
* Formulation of relativistic positioning systems and properties of emission coordinates
* Application to GNSS, relativistic reference frames, pulsar-based navigation and localization
* Inter-satellite links and autonomous GNSS
* Relativistic celestial mechanics (coordinate systems, Hamiltonian techniques…)
* Application to Earth sciences, astronomy and metrology
Also other contributions in line with the aims of the workshop will be considered.
If you are interested to attend, please register before 1st July 2012.
More information is available at http://rgnss.fmf.uni-lj.si/workshop.
There is no registration fee. The proceedings of the workshop will be published.
Confirmed invited speakers (Preliminay):
Bartolome Coll (Universitat de Valencia)
Angelo Tartaglia (Politecnico di Torino)
Francisco Amarillo Fernandez (ESA)
Andrej Cadez (Univ. of Ljubljana)
Scientific organizing committee:
Bertram Arbesser-Rastburg (ESA)
Sante Carloni (ESA)
Pacome Delva (Obs. Paris)
Clovis Jacinto de Matos (ESA)
Rune Floberghagen (ESA)
Uros Kostic (Univ. of Ljubljana)
Leopold Summerer (ESA)