A Bad Honnef physics school on physics and astrophysics of gravitational waves will be held from 08 to 13 September 2019 at the Physikzentrum Bad Honnef. The School is a theoretical school which teaches the physics and astrophysics of gravitational waves in view of full-fledged applications. Basic knowledge of general relativity and relativistic astrophysics on the level of a Bachelor curriculum is expected. Discussion and exercise sessions will allow the participants to deepen their understanding of the lectures. Advanced participants are invited to present posters or to give short talks.
* Theory of gravitational waves (Luc Blanchet, CNRS, Sorbonne Universite’, Paris)
* Stochastic gravitational wave backgrounds (Valerie Domcke, DESY, Hamburg)
* Gravitational wave detection (Gabriela Gonzalez, Louisiana State University)
* Gravitational waves from binary black holes (Mark Hannam, University of Cardiff)
* Gravitational wave data analysis II (Piotr Jaranowski, University of Bialystok)
* Gravitational waves from isolated neutron stars (Kostas Kokkotas, University of Tuebingen)
* Gravitational wave data analysis I (Andrzej Krolak, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw)
* Gravitational waves from stellar core collapse (Ewald Mueller, MPI for Astrophysics, Garching)
* Computational astrophysics of neutron stars (Luciano Rezzolla, Goethe University of Frankfurt)
* Focussed introduction to general relativity (Gerhard Schaefer, University of Jena)
* (Evening talk) Testing general relativity: 100 years of light deflection (Claus Laemmerzahl, ZARM, University of Bremen)
For more details and for registration please visit https://www.dpg-physik.de/veranstaltungen/2019/physics-and-astrophysics-of-gravitational-waves.
We are looking forward to meeting you in Bad Honnef, the organizers
Bernd Bruegmann, Kostas Kokkotas, Gerhard Schaefer