Location: Guimarães, Portugal
Spanish Relativity Meeting in Portugal ERE2012 (2nd circ.)
The Spanish Relativity Meeting (ERE) is an international conference devoted to Relativity and Gravitation and is supported by the Spanish Society of Gravitation and Relativity (SEGRE) http://www.segre.es/en/congresos.shtml.
In 2012, the meeting will take place at the University of Minho in the town of Guimaraes (world heritage site and European capital of culture in 2012) from 3-7 September 2012.
Participants are encouraged to send their contributions. Contributed talks will be grouped according to their topic and scheduled in parallel sessions in the afternoon. The deadline for conference registration and abstract submission is 10th of June, 2012.
We advise participants to book accommodation well in advance as hotels in Guimaraes are expected to be more crowded than usual due to events of the European capital of culture.
CONFIRMED INVITED SPEAKERS
– Alan Rendall (Albert Einstein Institut, Golm, Germany)
– Claes Uggla (Karlstad University, Sweden)
– George Ellis (University of Cape Town, South Africa)
– Gabriel Lopes-Cardoso (IST, Lisbon, Portugal)
– Joerg Frauendiener (University of Otago, New Zealand)
– José Edelstein (University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain)
– Juan Valiente Kroon (Queen Mary, University of London, U.K.)
– Laszlo Szabados (Hungarian Academy of Sciences, Budapest, Hungary)
– Marc Mars (University of Salamanca, Spain)
– Pau Figueras (University of Cambridge, U.K.)
– Paul Tod (University of Oxford, U.K.)
– Pedro Ferreira (University of Oxford, U.K.)
– Peter Dunsby (University of Cape Town, South Africa)
– Vitor Cardoso (IST, Lisbon, Portugal)
EARLY REGISTRATION FEE
– SEGRE members = 250EUR
– Non SEGRE members = 280EUR
The registration fee will cover lunches, refreshments, an abstract booklet, a conference folder and the proceedings volume. The following social events are also covered:
– Welcome cocktail reception.
– Half a day visit tour.
– Conference dinner.
The SEGRE society has a limited number of grants to support some of the younger participants who are in the last years of their Ph.D., specially among those submitting a contribution to the conference. In order to apply for financial support please proceed to the ERE2012 website, “Grants” section.
To find out more, please visit our conference website at http://w3.math.uminho.pt/~ERE2012
We hope to see you all in Guimaraes,
The Local Organizing Committee (LOC)
Estelita Vaz (Coordinator)
M. Piedade Machado-Ramos
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>