We are pleased to invite you to register for the three-day international workshop on “Relativistic Positioning Systems and their Scientific Applications” to be held at Brdo near Kranj, Slovenia, on 19-21 September 2012. The workshop is organized by the Faculty of Mathematics and Physics of the University of Ljubljana and ESA Advanced Concepts Team.
The goal of the workshop is to bring together those interested in the development of Relativistic Positioning Systems and, in particular, to share ideas and establish future lines of research and collaborations. Topics of the workshop include:
* Formulation of relativistic positioning systems and properties of emission coordinates
* Application to GNSS, relativistic reference frames, pulsar-based navigation and localization
* Inter-satellite links and autonomous GNSS
* Relativistic celestial mechanics (coordinate systems, Hamiltonian techniques…)
* Application to Earth sciences, astronomy and metrology
Also other contributions in line with the aims of the workshop will be considered.
Registration is open at http://rgnss.fmf.uni-lj.si/workshop and will close on 1st July 2012.
There is no registration fee. The proceedings of the workshop will be published.
phone: +386 1 4766 505
Confirmed invited speakers:
Bartolome Coll (Universitat de València)
Angelo Tartaglia (Politecnico di Torino)
Francisco Amarillo Fernandez (ESA)
Andrej Čadež (Univ. of Ljubljana)
Scientific organizing committee:
Bertram Arbesser-Rastburg (ESA)
Sante Carloni (ESA)
Pacôme Delva (Obs. Paris)
Clovis Jacinto de Matos (ESA)
Rune Floberghagen (ESA)
Uroš Kostić (Univ. of Ljubljana)
Leopold Summerer (ESA)