Contact:  awelti[AT]gmail.comLocation:  Cape Town, South Africa
The Department of Mathematics and Applied Mathematics at the University of Cape Town is a large and dynamic department with over thirty permanent faculty members. We seek to make one new appointment in Applied Mathematics at the level of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer. We are mainly interested in candidates specializing in some field related to cosmology, but applications in all areas of Applied Mathematics will be considered. In particular, candidates with interests in quantum gravity, theoretical astrophysics, string theory or theoretical cosmology are encouraged to apply.
– A PhD in Applied Mathematics or related areas as described above.
– Academic experience in the relevant areas as described below.
For the Level of Lecturer:
– A record of published research outputs.
– Postdoctoral experience.
– Some teaching experience would be advantageous.
For the Level of Senior Lecturer:
– An established track record of published research outputs.
– Demonstrable teaching experience at junior and/or senior years.
– A record of postgraduate student supervision.