Date: 2019-07-27 - 2019-08-03
Location: Mezeyrac, France
Agape 2019, Mezeyrac, France
It is our great pleasure to announce l’Agape 2019, the third edition of a summer-school of theoretical physics, which will be held in the mountains of the Massif Central (France) from July 27th to August 3rd 2019.
L’Agape sees a partition between six 4-hour courses given in the mornings and scientific activities in the afternoons. The series of courses covers a large field of topics in theoretical physics:
– Towards a more efficient model of particle physics by Cohl Furey (University of Cambridge)
– The two-fold role of observables in Classical and Quantum Kinematics by Federico Zalamea (EFREI Paris)
– Timeless statistical mechanics and applications to quantum gravity by Isha Kotecha (AEI Potsdam)
– Cosmological field theories by Scott Melville (University of Cambridge)
– Foundations of Quantum Theory by Emily Adlam (University of Cambridge) (to be confirmed)
– Introduction to (linear) logics for physicists by Titouan Carette (LORIA, Universite’ de Lorraine)
This school’s special appeal and particularity lies in the broad range of its topics, the creative format of the “scientific activities” and the horizontal structure of the organisation: everything, from the courses and talks to the cooking will be done by and for young physicists, and we will encourage each participant to actively engage in shaping the structure of l’Agape. Furthermore, this year we are offering participants the possibility to stay for three more days after the official end to continue the discussions and enjoy the surroundings.
You will find more details on the website https://agape2019.sciencesconf.org.
The organising committee:
Alexander Thomas, Jeremy Attard, Pierre Martin-Dussaud, Robin Reuben,Vaclav Zatloukal
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>