Contact:  framazanoglu[AT]ku.edu.trLocation:  Istanbul, Turkey
Short Description: Turkey will host many Cofunded Brain Circulation Scheme (CoCirc2) fellows in the coming years in all areas of research. This is very similar to MSCA fellowships in terms of application procedure, duration and financial benefits, but the host institution has to be in Turkey. If you are a gravitational physicist (especially working on gravitational waves, numerical relativity and/or alternative theories) interested in working with Fethi M Ramazanoglu at Koc University, please read on.
Co-Funded Brain Circulation Scheme (CoCirculation2) is a program managed by the Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK) and funded jointly by TUBITAK and Europe’s 7th Framework Programme. The fellowship is quite similar to MSCA Fellowships in structure, but the host has to be in Turkey. It aims to attract qualified researchers from abroad, and will fund around 25 fellows for 24 months . Detailed information can be found at http://cocirc2.org.tr/
– The fellowship is not restricted to any specific research discipline.
– Each recipient will receive a monthly living and mobility allowance of 5050 Euros and monthly Research, Training and Networking cost of 800 Euros (note that living expenses in Turkey are considerably lower than the EU average).
– There is no restriction on citizenship, please see the website about other eligibility requirements such as research experience.
– There is a possibility of up to 6 months of secondments outside Turkey.
– This year’s applications opened on 4 August 2020, and close on 30 October 2020, but i will hold an internal deadline of September 15 to have time to finalize the proposal.
– In my experience, the chances of being awarded this fellowship is considerably higher than obtaining the MSCA Fellowship since the host institute has to be in Turkey.
The application procedure is also very similar to the MSCA Fellowships. Every applicant applies together with a supervisor, and to a specific institution. If you are interested in postdoctoral research on gravitational physics at Koc University, please send a CV with publication list and a short research statement (in summary or full length) to framazanoglu[AT]ku.edu.tr by our internal deadline of September 15. You can find my research interests at http://mysite.ku.edu.tr/framazanoglu/. I will pick one or two of the applicants to finalize proposals to submit.