Contact:  chalonge.ecole[AT]chalonge-devega.frLocation:  Online, 16h00 Paris Time
International School of Astrophysics Daniel Chalonge – Hector de Vega
– A Laboratory of Ideas, Research, Training and Scientific Culture –
– Open Science and Free Access –
On line, 16h00 Paris Time
– Thursday 21 January 2021: Prof. Carlos O. LOUSTO, RIT School of Mathematical Sciences, Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation, Rochester NY:
From simulations of binary black holes to insights into astrophysics and gravitational waves.
– Programme 2021 Nobel Lectures in Physics :
– Thursday 28 January 2021: Prof. Dr Gerard ‘T HOOFT, Nobel Prize in Physics, Institute for Theoretical Physics, Utrecht University & Spinoza Institute:
Quantum Black Holes
– Wednesday 3 February 2021: Prof. Dr Reinhard GENZEL, Nobel Prize in Physics, Max-Planck-Institut fur Extraterrestrische Physik, Garching:
A Forty-Year Journey
– Wednesday 10 February 2021: Prof. Dr Barry C. BARISH, Nobel Prize in Physics, LIGO Caltech Laboratory, California, Pasadena:
– Thursday 4 March 2021: Prof. Dr Didier QUELOZ, Nobel Prize in Physics, Cavendish-Astrophysics Cambridge UK and Geneva University
– Thursday 8 April 2021: Prof. Dr John C. MATTER, Nobel Prize in Physics and Chalonge Medal, NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center, Cosmology, JWST SPS, Greenbelt: Getting JWST ready, what it can do. New observational techniques for adaptive optics using orbiting laser guide stars. Wouldn’t it be great to have nearly perfect imaging at visible wavelengths with the ELT?
And Other Nobel Lecturers in this Programme to be announced later in the Year