Contact:  qgqft.oist[AT]gmail.comLocation:  Okinawa, Japan
Applications are invited for a postdoc position in the Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory group (Principal Investigator: Reiko Toriumi) at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Graduate University, Japan, starting in the Fall of 2024. The successful applicant will work in the group lead by Prof. Reiko Toriumi.
1. The candidate is expected to actively contribute to the research program of Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory group including collaborations, meetings and seminars, and to mentor student research.
2. The candidate must have a clear research plan (with flexibility and interests in potential collaboration with Prof. Reiko Toriumi and other members), and be able to achieve research objectives.
3. The candidate is expected to be in residence for the time of appointment. Support for conference and collaboration travel/host can be provided but up to availability of funding.
1. Applicants are required to have completed Ph.D. in Theoretical Physics and/or Mathematics by the time of appointment and have a background in quantum gravity, quantum field theory, random geometry or related areas.
2. We are looking for a self-motivated, proactive, responsible, and respectful researcher.
3. Demonstrates excellent oral and written English.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 1 year starting Fall 2024. There may be an opportunity to renew it (second year is very likely, and third year depending on the performance).
The salary is internationally competitive and complemented by allowances as below.
1. Relocation, housing and commuting allowances in addition to the salary.
2. Annual paid leave (10 days for the first year and 20 days for the second year) and summer holidays (7 days)
3. Health insurance, welfare pension insurance, and worker’s accident compensation insurance.
Application documents in pdf (in English)
1. Cover letter
2. Research statement (includes future research plan, where you may also consider overlap in interests with the research that Prof. Reiko Toriumi does.)
3. CV including publication list
4. Three reference letters to be submitted through Academic Jobs Online 26229
The application materials 1, 2, and 3 should be compiled in one single pdf file and should be sent to qgqft.oist[AT]gmail.com. Please submit only the reference letters through Academic Jobs Online 26229. Inquiries may be directed to Dr. Reiko Toriumi at qgqft.oist[AT]gmail.com.
The review of the applications will start on 16th December 2023, and will continue until the positions are filled. The applications received by 16th December 2023 are guaranteed full consideration.
1919-1 Tancha, Onna, Kunigami District, Okinawa 904-0495