Location: Rochester, NY, USA
Department Head, School of Mathematical Sciences, Rochester Institute of Technology
The Rochester Institute of Technology invites applications for the position of Head of the School of Mathematical Sciences (SMS). As the chief academic, fiscal, and administrative officer of the School, the Head provides leadership, advocacy, oversight, and management. To be considered, an applicant must have a Ph.D., a record of publications and external grants, and qualifications consistent with the rank of tenured full professor. Preference will be given to candidates who have served as department chairpersons or who have had other administrative experience. Applicants should have scholarly expertise in applied mathematics, computational science, mathematical biology, or discrete mathematics.
Candidates should be able to attract and retain top-tier faculty members; to obtain external funding; to promote research; and to maintain the SMS service mission of educating RIT students. The Head of SMS is responsible for maintaining the School’s well-established undergraduate and graduate degree programs, undergraduate research program, for guiding junior faculty members toward tenure, for supporting the Center of Applied and Computational Mathematics and the Center for Computational Relativity and Gravitation, and for promoting publication and grant writing. The Head will also be responsible for helping to develop the School’s new Ph.D. program in Modeling and Computation, and for overseeing this program when it is in place.
We seek an individual who is committed to the principles expressed in RIT’s core values, honor code, and statement of diversity.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• A Ph.D. or equivalent degree in the mathematical sciences or in a related field
• Achievements consistent with the rank of tenured full professor
• Leadership and administrative experience
• A commitment to undergraduate and graduate education
• Teaching experience at the collegiate level
• A record of peer-reviewed publications
• A record of externally funded research
• A record of fostering interdisciplinary research
• Experience in fostering growth of a research program
• Research and teaching interests that align with focus areas of the SMS
• The ability to contribute to the university’s continuing commitment to cultural diversity, pluralism, and individual differences
Required Minimum Education Level: PhD
Required Application Documents
Curriculum Vitae or Resume
Statement of Diversity Contribution
List of References
How To Apply
Refers to Previous Requisition IRC60477.
Apply online at http://careers.rit.edu. Please submit your cover letter addressing the listed qualifications; a vita; a contribution to diversity statement; and the names, addresses and phone numbers for three references.
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>