Contact:  bruno.giacomazzo[AT]unitn.itLocation:  Trento, Italy
The Department of Physics at the University of Trento invites applications for a 2-year postdoc position starting on or around September 2014. The postdoc will work with Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo on numerical simulations in full general relativity of magnetized compact objects (such as neutron stars and black holes). Previous experience in general relativistic simulations of compact objects is required for this position.
The net salary will be ~2500 EUR per month (the gross salary of this fellowship will be 33000 EUR per year). Travel funds are also available for the entire duration of the project.
The deadline for applications is January 27 2014 at 12 pm Italian time. Applicants should have a PhD in Physics or related areas. Candidates that will obtain their PhD before the contract starts can also apply. Full details about the selection process (which may include also a Skype interview) can be found at http://www.unitn.it/en/ateneo/bando/32797/department-of-physics-call-for-the-selections-for-the-awarding-of-no-1-research-fellowship-decree-no
Application and required documents:
1) application form to be downloaded at http://www.unitn.it/files/download/32796/domanda.pdf
2) a copy of the applicant’s ID card or other form of identification
3) curriculum vitae (dated and signed by the applicant)
4) publication list (dated and signed by the applicant)
5) a research program
6) copy of PhD certificate or a declaration to certify that the title will be achieved by the starting date of the contract
All documents must be sent in one of the following ways:
1. by fax to +39 0461 281699. Those using fax may send extended files containing only research program, curriculum vitae, list of publications, and PhD certificate in zipped form to ateneo[AT]pec.unitn.it (application form and ID cannot be sent via regular email). Please mention in the email “Application for Research Fellowship DFI – Decree n. 148 – 02.12.2013” and that you sent the application form and ID via fax.
2. by courier service (e.g., DHL, FedEx, UPS, Italian “raccomandata con ricevuta di ritorno”) to the following address (please write on the envelope “Application for Research Fellowship DFI – Decree n. 148 – 02.12.2013”):
Al Direttore del Dipartimento di Fisica,
Ufficio Contratti – Serv. Amm. per la Didattica e la Ricerca Polo Collina,
Università degli Studi di Trento,
Via Sommarive 14,
3. by Italian certified email to ateneo[AT]pec.unitn.it using ONLY an Italian PEC email address (e.g., see https://www.postacertificata.gov.it in Italian). Please mention in the subject “Application for Research Fellowship DFI – Decree n. 148 – 02.12.2013”.
Applicants should also arrange to have three reference letters sent via email directly to bruno.giacomazzo[AT]unitn.it.
Applicants are also encouraged to notify bruno.giacomazzo[AT]unitn.it once they have sent their applications. Please note that all the application material has to be received by the deadline (particularly important if you are applying via courier service). Any question about this position and the application process can be sent directly to bruno.giacomazzo[AT]unitn.it.
The University of Trento is ranked among the top 5 universities in Italy (first for quality of research according to national rankings). The city of Trento is located on the Italian Dolomites and it is very well connected with several destinations in Italy and Europe. Moreover the city of Trento has been recently ranked as the best place to live in Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trento).
More information about the Physics Department of the University of Trento can be found at: http://www.unitn.it/en/dphys