Gravity Research Foundation
PO BOX 81389
WELLESLEY HILLS MA 02481-0004
Roger W. Babson George M. Rideout, Jr.
The trustees are pleased to announce the Awards for Essays for 2014.
1. $4,000 – From B-Modes to Quantum Gravity and Unification of Forces by Lawrence M. Krauss and Frank Wilczek; Department of Physics and School of Earth and Space Exploration, Arizona State University, PO BOX 871404 Tempe, AZ 85287-1404 and Mount Stromlo Observatory, Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics, Australian National University, Weston, ACT, Australia 2611, Department of Physics, MIT, Cambridge MA 02139; e-mail: krauss[AT]asu.edu, wilczek[AT]mit.edu
2. $1,250 – Black Holes as Gravitational Atoms by Cenalo Vaz, University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio 45221-0011; email: Cenalo.Vaz[AT]UC.Edu
3. $1,000 – What Drives the Time Evolution of the Spacetime Geometry? by T. Padmanabhan, IUCAA, Post Bag 4, Ganeshkhind, Pune 411 007, India; e-mail: paddy[AT]iucaa.ernet.in
4. $750 – Schrödinger’s Cat and the Firewall by Timothy J. Hollowood, Department of Physics, Swansea University, Swansea, SA2 8PP, UK; e-mail: t.hollowood[AT]swansea.ac.uk
5. $500 – Gravitational Waves and the (Quantum) Nature of the Primordial Seed by Rafael A. Porto, School of Natural Sciences, Institute for Advanced Study, Olden Lane, Princeton, NJ 08540 and Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY, Theory Group, D-22603 Hamburg, Germany; e-mail: rporto[AT]ias.edu
Selected for Honorable Mention this year were (listed in alphabetical order): F. D. Albareti, J. A. R. Cembranos, and A. L. Maroto; C. R. Argüelles and R. Ruﬃni; Manjari Bagchi and Diego F. Torres; Shant Baghram, Saeed Tavasoli, Farhang Habibi, Roya Mohayaee, and Joseph Silk; Vijay Balasubramanian, Bartlomiej Czech, and Jan de Boer; Tom Banks and W. Fischler; Carlos Barceló, Raúl Carballo-Rubio, and Luis J. Garay; Spyros Basilakos, José Ademir Sales Lima, and Joan Solà; Christian G. Böhmer and Robert J. Downes; Marco Bruni, Juan Carlos Hidalgo, and David Wands; Saurya Das; John Bruce Davies; Laurent Freidel, Robert G. Leigh, and Djordje Minic; Rodolfo Gambini and Jorge Pullin; Zahra Haghani, Tiberiu Harko, Hamid Reza Sepangi, and Shahab Shahidi; Richard T. Hammond; Carlos A. R. Herdeiro and Eugen Radu; Shahar Hod; Kristan Jensen and Julian Sonner; Justin Khoury, Godfrey E. J. Miller, and Andrew J. Tolley; Huiquan Li; Samir D. Mathur; Leopoldo A. Pando Zayas; Fabrizio Pinto; Dirk Puetzfeld and Yuri N. Obukhov; Mukund Rangamani and Massimilliano Rota; Carlo Rovelli and Francesca Vidotto; Varun Sahni and Yuri Shtanov; Jeremy Sakstein, Bhuvnesh Jain, and Vinu Vikram; P. Salucci, C. Frigerio Martins, and E. Karukes; Anushrut Sharma and Tejinder P. Singh; C. S. Unnikrishnan and George T. Gillies
This announcement and abstracts of award-winning and honorable mention essays will be posted when ready on our web site, http://www.gravityresearchfoundation.org. The five award-winning essays will be published in a special issue of the International Journal of Modern Physics D (IJMPD). They will also be posted at a later date on our web site.
Copyright © 2014 Gravity Research Foundation, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Gravity Research Foundation
P.O. Box 81389
Wellesley Hills, MA 02481-0004