Date: 2015-07-06 - 2015-07-10
Location: Pasadena, CA, USA
Caltech Gravitational Wave Astrophysics School 2015
CGWAS 2015, July 6 – 10, 2015
California Institute of Technology
We invite students to apply for the Caltech Gravitational Wave Astrophysics School 2015.
CGWAS is a summer school for senior undergraduates and graduate students interested in the astrophysics of gravitational wave sources and their neutrino and electromagnetic counterparts.
*** Application Deadline: April 15, 2015 ***
Apply at http://www.cgwas.org .
Limited support for accommodation is available. Selected candidates will be notified by May 4, 2015.
Topics covered include:
– General Relativity and Gravitational Waves
– Numerical Relativity
– Gravitational Wave Data Analysis
– The Physics of Gravitational Wave Sources
– Theory and Observation of Electromagnetic Counterparts
– Neutrino Counterparts and Observations
– Gravitational Wave Detection with Interferometers and Pulsar Timing Arrays
– Cosmology with Gravitational Waves
– Gravitational Waves and Alternative Theories of Gravity.
Duncan Brown (Syracuse), Sean Carroll (Caltech), Yanbei Chen (Caltech), Alessandra Corsi (Texas Tech University), Brian Metzger (Columbia University), Chiara Mingarelli (Caltech/JPL), Samaya Nissanke (Radboud University), Erin O’Connor (Duke University), Ben Owen (Texas Tech University), Jocelyn Read (CSUF), Mark Scheel (Caltech), Michele Vallisneri (Caltech/JPL), Alan Weinstein (Caltech).
We look forward to meeting you at CGWAS 2015.
CGWAS 2015 Organizers
Mansi Kasliwal, Chiara Mingarelli, Christian Ott, Patricia Schmidt (CGWAS coordinator), and Alan Weinstein
Administrative Support: JoAnn Boyd, Caltech
CGWAS 2015 is supported by the National Science Foundation, LIGO, and the California Institute of Technology
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>