Contact:  jlca[AT]iscte.ptLocation:  Lisbon, Portugal
Postdoctoral Fellow in Mathematical Relativity:
A postdoctoral fellowship is available at the Mathematical Relativity Group in the Center for Mathematical Analysis, Geometry and Dynamical Systems (CAMGSD) at IST-ULisboa, Lisbon, Portugal.
The position will be funded by the PTDC/MAT-ANA/1275/2014 (GPSEinstein) grant, awarded by the Portuguese Science Foundation, for a period of 12 months, renewable up to a total of 24 months.
The Fellowship is within the area of the GPSEinstein grant, namely: global properties of solutions of the Einstein equations, hyperbolic partial differential equations, cosmic censorship and the formation of singularities in general relativity.
Between October 1, 2016 and January 1, 2017.
Conditions of award:
– Applicants must have obtained a PhD degree in mathematics or related area and a relevant research record in the areas of the GPSEinstein grant.
– Preference will be given to candidates with PhD degrees awarded in the last 6 years.
Interested candidates should send the following documents by email to jlca[AT]iscte.pt, before June 30, 2016:
– Curriculum Vitae.
– Copy of the PhD certificate.
– Research proposal.
– 1 or 2 letters of recommendation.
– Application form: http://ist-id.pt/files/sites/43/id_b1_v1-1_candidatura_bolsa-_inv.doc
The Mathematical Relativity Group in CAMGSD:
At present, our group is composed of 4 faculty members (Joao L Costa, Pedro Girao, Jose’ Natario and Jorge D. Silva), 3 postdoctoral fellows (Artur Alho, Luis F. Costa and Anne Franzen) and 1 PhD student (Pedro Oliveira).