Date: 2018-03-05 - 2018-03-09
Location: Nordita Stockholm, Sweden
Quantum Gravity on the Computer, Nordita Stockholm, Sweden
One of the big challenges of non-perturbative quantum gravity is the complexity of the dynamics. Discrete approaches can only show a non-trivial dynamics and approximate the continuum when a large number of degrees of freedom is taken into account. Over the last decades numerical tools have stimulated and accelerated developments in many fields of theoretical physics, which is why we want to apply them to non-perturbative quantum gravity.
The goal of this workshop is to bring together researchers from quantum gravity already working with numerical methods, those that want to start working with numerical methods and practitioners of numerics in other fields of physics to kick-start the development of numerical techniques and to establish new collaborations and research projects.
Invited Speakers (tentative)
– Sumati Surya, Raman Research Institute, Bangalore
– Benjamin Bahr, University Hamburg
– Antonia Zipfel, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton
– Steffen Gielen, Albert Einstein Institute, Potsdam
– Bianca Dittrich, Perimeter Institute, Waterloo
– Andrzej Goerlich, Jagiellonian University, Krakow
– Jack Laiho, Syracuse University, New York (tbc)
– Giulia Gubitosi, Radboud University, Nijmegen
– John Barrett, Nottingham University (tbc)
– Parampreet Singh, Louisiana State University
Registration for this conference is now open
If you want to apply for participation in the workshop, please fill in the application form. You will be informed by the organizers shortly after the application deadline whether your application has been approved. Due to space restrictions, the total number of participants is strictly limited. (Invited speakers are of course automatically approved, but need to register anyway.)
Application deadline: 12 January 2018
There is no registration fee.