Contact:  oist.qgqft[AT]gmail.comLocation:  Okinawa, Japan
Applications are invited for one or two 2+1-year postdoc position(s) in the Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory group at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) Graduate University, Japan, starting in the Fall of 2019 or earlier (earlier is encouraged). The successful applicant(s) will work in the group lead by Prof. Reiko Toriumi. At OIST, there are related research groups lead by Prof. Shinobu Hikami, Prof. Yasha Neiman and Prof. Anastasiia Tsvietkova, with each group supporting about 4 postdocs.
The Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory group itself expects frequent research visitors in addition to hosting workshops, e.g., an example workshop can be found here: https://groups.oist.jp/cws/event/oist-mini-symposium-holographic-tensors.
OIST is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer. Further details can be found at www.oist.jp.
1. The candidate must have a clear research plan, and be able to achieve research objectives.
2. The candidate must be willing to contribute to Gravity, Quantum Geometry and Field Theory group meetings and seminars, and to mentor student research.
3. The candidate is expected to be in residence for the time of appointment. Conference travel is encouraged and the travel support is provided.
1. Applicants are required to have completed Ph.D. in Physics or Mathematics by the time of appointment and have a background in quantum gravity, quantum field theory, random geometry or related areas.
2. We are looking for motivated, active and responsible researchers.
3. Demonstrates excellent oral and written English.
Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years, starting Fall 2019 or earlier (earlier is encouraged). There may be an opportunity to renew it for one more year.
The salary is internationally competitive and complemented by allowances as below.
1. Relocation, housing and commuting allowances in addition to the salary.
2. Annual paid leave (10 days for the first year and 20 days for the second year) and summer holidays (7 days)
3. Health insurance, welfare pension insurance, and worker’s accident compensation insurance.
Application documents in pdf (in English)
1. Cover letter
2. Research statement (includes future plan)
3. CV including publication list
4. Three reference letters to be submitted through Academic Jobs Online (https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/12388)
The application materials 1, 2, and 3 should be in one pdf file and please send it to oist.qgqft(at)gmail.com. Please submit only the reference letters through Academic Jobs Online. Inquiries may be directed to Dr. Reiko Toriumi at oist.qgqft(at)gmail.com.
The review of the applications will start on December 21st 2018, and will continue until the positions are filled. The applications received by December 21st 2018 are guaranteed full consideration.
We encourage applications from women, racial and ethnic minorities, and individuals with disabilities.