Contact:  suvi[AT]astro.umd.eduLocation:  Annapolis, Maryland, USA
The Joint Space-Science Institute is pleased to announce the 2019 JSI Workshop: “The New Faces of Black Holes”. The workshop will be held on November 11-13, 2019 in historic Annapolis, Maryland.
Workshop topics will include:
GRAVITATIONAL WAVES FROM BLACK HOLES
* Ground-based; LIGO/Virgo/KAGRA O3 and beyond
* Space-based; LISA
* Pulsar timing arrays
TIME DOMAIN ASTRONOMY AND ASTROPHYSICS
* Tidal Disruption Events
* Reverberation Mapping
* LISA EM Counterparts, evidence for binary SMBHs
* AGN Variability (changing-look quasars, QPOs, etc.)
EVENT HORIZON TELESCOPE AND HIGH-RESOLUTION IMAGING
* What have we learned from current EHT analysis?
* What will we learn from EHT in the future?
* Gravity VLT results on SgrA* and 3C273
* Dynamical Black Hole Mass Measurements
Aaron Barth (UC Irvine), Misty Bentz (Georgia State), Emanuele Berti (JHU), Laura Blecha (Florida), Jason Dexter (CU Boulder), Frank Eisenhauer (MPE), Mike Eracleous (Penn State), Ben Farr (Oregon), Vincent Fish (MIT/Haystack), Evan Hall (MIT), Michael Johnson (CfA), Chelsea MacLeod (CfA), Maura McLaughlin (WVU), Lia Medeiros (Princeton), Krista Smith (Stanford), Nick Stone (Hebrew U.), Sjoert van Velzen (NYU/UMD)
The program will also feature contributed talks and posters. More information will be posted at the workshop web site, https://jsi.astro.umd.edu/conferences/2019-jsi-workshop, and registration will open soon.