Location: Perth, Australia
Research associate position in gravitational wave searches, Perth, Australia
Research Associate – Faculty of Engineering and Mathematical Sciences, The University of Western Australia
The UWA Gravitational Wave Astronomy group in the Department of Physics in the School of Physics, Mathematics and Computing is an active member of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration (http://www.ligo.org/) that aims to detect gravitational waves in the audio band and is a member of the 2017 ARC Center of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav, https://www.ozgrav.org).
You will undertake research duties in the area of gravitational wave search pipeline development and testing, high-performance computing by smart algorithm design and hardware acceleration using Graphics Processing Units. You will also help develop strategies to enable prompt electromagnetic follow up observations and extract astrophysical information using data from detected gravitational wave events.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
1. A Ph.D. in astrophysics, computer science, or engineering
2. Experience and demonstrated excellence in signal processing
3. Strong track record of research publication relative to opportunity
4. Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in the preparation of high-quality reports, presentations and publications
5. An ability and willingness to direct and supervise students
6. Demonstrated ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and conduct research
Please visit http://external.jobs.uwa.edu.au/cw/en/job/503049?lApplicationSubSourceID= for full details of the position and “How to Apply”
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>