Date: 2020-01-13 - 2020-01-24
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Nordita Advanced Winter School on Theoretical Cosmology, Stockholm, Sweden
Nordita, the Nordic institute of Theoretical Physics in Stockholm, is arranging a Winter School on January 13 – 24, 2020. The theme for this year’s school is Theoretical Cosmology.
The purpose of this winter school is to provide late PHD students and young postdocs with introductory and advanced courses in a range of the most important topics in the field of Theoretical Cosmology.
More information and application is on the school’s home page:
The deadline for application is 15 November 2019.
Lecturers and themes include:
– Lasha Berezhiani (MPP Munich) – Condensed Matter Methods for Cosmology
– Robert Brandenberger (McGill U.) – Cosmological Perturbations; Inflation and alternatives
– Valerie Domcke * (DESY) – Gravitational Waves in Cosmology
– Ruth Durrer (Geneva U.) – From theory to data
– Pedro Ferreira (U. of Oxford) – Dark Energy and Modified Gravity
– Steffen Gielen (U. of Sheffield) – Cosmology and Quantum Gravity
– Michele Maggiore (U. of Geneva) – Cosmology and Non-Local Gravity
– David Marsh (Stockholm U.) – Axion Cosmology
– Guilherme Pimentel (U. of Amsterdam) – Symmetries in Cosmology
– Marjorie Schillo (Uppsala U.) – Cosmology and String Theory
* To be confirmed.
We would be grateful if you could share this information with potentially interested PhD students and postdocs.
The Organizing Committee of the 2020 Nordita Advanced Winter School on Theoretical Cosmology
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>