Date: 2020-09-14 - 2020-09-18
Location: Szczecin, Poland
Alternative Gravities and Fundamental Cosmology, Szczecin, Poland
We invite you to take part in the conference “Alternative Gravities and Fundamental Cosmology” which will take place in Szczecin, Poland from 14th to 18th of September 2020. This is the fifth of a series of conferences on fundamental cosmology organized by the Szczecin Cosmology Group, University of Szczecin (after Cosmofun’2005, Grasscosmofun’09, Multicosmofun’12, Varcosmofun’16).
The task of the conference is to bring together specialists dealing with the problems of alternative gravities (including quantum gravity, superstring, varying constants, Lorentz violating etc.) both from theoretical and observational point of view. The program of the conference will contain 4 plenary morning sessions and 3 afternoon parallel sessions (of 3 sessions each), 1 morning doctoral students’ session (up to 3 parallel sessions). The last afternoon of the conference will be devoted to philosophical aspects of cosmology. There will also be a poster session if the number of abstracts is above our talk time capabilities. The oral presentations will be selected by the sessions conveners in collaboration with the Scientific Committee. We plan to publish conference proceedings in the journal “Universe”.
– Niayesh Ashfordi, Univ. Waterloo, Canada
– John D. Barrow, Univ. Cambridge, UK
– Eleonora Di Valentino, Jodrell Bank, USA
– Astrid Eichhorn, Univ. Odense, Denmark
– Ivette Fuentes, Univ. Nottingham, UK
– Enrique Gaztanaga, ICE, CSIC Barcelona, Spain
– Lavinia Heisenberg, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
– Michael Heller, Vatican Astronomical Observatory
– Martin Kunz, Univ. Geneva, Switzerland
– David Mota, Univ. Oslo, Norway
– Fabio Scardigli, Univ. Leiden, Netherlands
– Alexei Starobinsky, Landau Institute, Moscow, Russia
– John Webb, Univ. New South Wales, Australia
Topics of parallel sessions:
– I. Alternative gravities and dark energy (ALT-DE);
– II. Alternative gravities and dark matter (ALT-DM);
– III. Alternative gravities for gravitational waves/black holes (ALT-GW/BH);
– IV. Quantum gravity as alternative gravity (ALT-QG);
– V. Alternative gravity phenomenology (GUP, Lorentz Violation, Varying Constants);
– VI. Alternative gravity and fundamental theories (strings, branes).
Looking forward to seeing you in Szczecin.
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>