GRAVITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION
PO BOX 81389
WELLESLEY HILLS MA 02481-0004
Roger W. Babson Founder
George M. Rideout, Jr. President
The trustees are pleased to announce the Awards for Essays for 2020.
1. $4,000 – The Noise of Gravitons by Maulik Parikh, Frank Wilczek, and George Zahariade, Department of Physics, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, Beyond: Center for Fundamental Concepts in Science, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287, Department of Physics, Stockholm University, Stockholm SE-106 91, Sweden, Center for Theoretical Physics, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA 02139, Wilczek Quantum Center, Department of Physics and Astronomy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, Shanghai 200240, China; e-mail: maulik.parikh[AT]asu.edu, frank.wilczek[AT]asu.edu, george.zahariade[AT]asu.edu
2. $1,250 – Lorentzian Quintessential Inflation by David Benisty and Eduardo I. Guendelman, Physics Department, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Beer- Sheva 84105, Israel, Frankfurt Institute for Advanced Studies (FIAS), Ruth-Moufang- Strasse 1, 60438 Frankfurt am Main, Germany, Bahamas Advanced Study Institute and Conferences, 4A Ocean Heights, Hill View Circle, Stella Maris, Long Island, The Bahamas; e-mail: benidav[AT]post.bgu.ac.il, guendel[AT]bgu.ac.il
3. $1,000 – A Proof of the Strong Cosmic Censorship Conjecture by Shahar Hod, The Ruppin Academic Center, Emeq Hefer 40250, Israel and The Hadassah Institute, Jerusalem 91010, Israel; e-mail: shaharhod[AT]gmail.com
4. $750 – Cosmological Constant in Coherent Quantum Gravity by Craig Hogan, University of Chicago, 5640 S. Ellis Ave., Chicago, IL 60637 and Fermilab; e-mail: craighogan[AT]uchicago.edu
5. $500 – Principle of Equivalence at Planck Scales and the Zero-Point-Length of Spacetime – A Synergistic Description of Quantum Matter and Geometry by T. Padmanabhan, IUCAA, Pune University Campus, Ganeshkhind, Pune – 411 077, India; e-mail: paddy[AT]iucaa.in
Selected for Honorable Mention this year were (listed in alphabetical order): Charis Anastopoulos and Konstantina Savvidou; Sebastian Bahamonde, Mir Faizal, James Q. Quach, and Richard A. Norte; Rabin Banerjee; John D. Barrow; Jens Boos; Michael Creutz; A. Danehkar; Camilla Danielski and Nicola Tamanini; Saurya Das; Aharon Davidson and Tomer Ygael; Douglas Edmonds, Djordje Minic, and Tatsu Takeuchi; Roberto Emparan; Arthur E. Fischer; Wen-Cong Gan and Fu-Wen Shu; D. Grumiller, M.M. Sheikh-Jabbari and C. Zwikel; Gregory W. Horndeski; Ted Jacobson and Phuc Nguyen; Qing-Quan Jiang, Yan Han, and Jin Pu; Jose Beltran Jimenez, Dario Bettoni, and Philippe Brax; Barak Kol; Alexey S. Koshelev, K. Sravan Kumar, and Alexei A. Starobinsky; Amitabha Lahiri; Giuseppe Gaetano Luciano and Luciano Petruzziello; Rodrigo Maier; Philip D. Mannheim; Jun Nian and Leopoldo A. Pando Zayas; Marius Oltean, Hossein Bazrafshan Moghaddam, and Richard J. Epp; Murat Ozer; M. B. Paranjape; M. A. Perez-Garcia and Joseph Silk; Fabrizio Pinto; Edgar Shaghoulian; Tejinder P. Singh; Douglas Singleton; Ram Gopal Vishwakarma; Jenny Wagner.
This announcement and abstracts of award-winning and honorable mention essays are posted on our web site, http://www.gravityresearchfoundation.org. The five award-winning essays are also posted on our web site and will be published in the October 2020 SPECIAL ISSUE of the International Journal of Modern Physics D (IJMPD).