Contact:  coqus[AT]univie.ac.atLocation:  Vienna, Austria
The “Vienna Summer School 2020 on Gravitational Quantum Physics” will now be held ONLINE from September 3rd to 6th.
The 2020 summer school is aimed at young graduate students who want to get familiar with the status and challenges in exploring the fascinating interface between quantum physics and gravity. It will feature introductory lectures into the relevant concepts of both general relativity and quantum theory and will provide an overview of (classical and quantum) tests of gravity and their relevance for fundamental physics. After providing an introduction into the theoretical framework of quantum field theories in and of curved space-time the school will conclude with lectures discussing attempts to unify general relativity and quantum mechanics.
Confirmed lecturers are:
– Caslav Brukner (University of Vienna)
– Georgi Dvali (Ludwig-Maximilians-University, Munich)
– Renate Loll (Radboud University Nijmegen)
– Eduardo Martin-Martinez (University of Waterloo)
– Guglielmo Tino (Universita di Firenze)
– Robert Wald (University of Chicago)
– Anton Zeilinger (University of Vienna)
– Magdalena Zych (University of Queensland)
The lectures will be complemented by tutorial sessions. There will also be the possibility to present a poster. More detailed information about the program and the events can be found on our website.
The registration will be open until 2nd of August. As places are limited, please register at your earliest convenience.
We hope to see you soon in Vienna.
The local organization committee: