Location: Tartu, Estonia
Postdoc position in theoretical physics, Tartu, Estonia
The Laboratory of Theoretical Physics at the Institute of Physics of the University of Tartu, Estonia is looking for candidates to apply for a 2-year postdoctoral position. The research focus lies on:
– mathematical foundations of gravity,
– modifications to the geometry of spacetime,
– gravity theories based on Finsler, Cartan, Weizenboeck or Riemann-Cartan geometry,
– gravity theories including multiple metrics,
– gravity theories including torsion,
– (multi-)scalar-tensor and related gravity theories,
– phenomenology of modified gravity, including gravitational waves, black holes, galaxies,
– cosmological aspects of modified gravity,
– relativistic quantum information, aiming at including gravity by employing quantum field theory on curved spacetime,
– nonlocality in quantum field theories,
– effective approaches for heavy quark physics.
The position depends on external funding and the applications will be processed in two stages. In the first stage, all applications will be reviewed by the Laboratory of Theoretical Physics at the University of Tartu. Then the selected candidates and the University of Tartu will apply for funding. The final decision on the funding will be made by the respective agencies.
The position will be held in conjunction with the Estonian centre of excellence in research “The Dark Side of the Universe” (TK133) and the grant “Gauge gravity: unification, extensions and phenomenology” (PRG356), as well as aligned with the COST Action “Quantum Gravity Phenomenology in the multi-messenger approach” (QGMM).
The postdoctoral grant is expected to amount to 51000 EUR per year (40800 EUR direct research costs and 10200 EUR overhead for the host institution). Applicants must have a PhD degree or equivalent, awarded not earlier than 01 February 2016, and not later than 31 August 2021. Applications for the postdoctoral position must include:
– curriculum vitae,
– diploma of PhD degree or equivalent,
– research proposal of up to five pages,
– list of publications,
– two letters of recommendation (to be sent separately).
The deadline for the postdoctoral application is Monday, 04 January 2021, 05:59 GMT.
All applications for the aforementioned position must be submitted electronically via the form on the linked homepage. All documents from the applicant, except for the recommendation letters, must be combined into a single PDF file of at most 8 MB size. The recommendation letters must be uploaded separately, and also in the PDF format.
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>