Contact:  csgc.iitm[AT]gmail.comLocation:  Chennai, India
Centre for Strings, Gravitation and Cosmology (CSGC) – a newly instituted Centre of Excellence (CoE) at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), Chennai, India – is organizing a
School on Black Holes and Gravitational Waves
Jan 17 (Mon) – Jan 22 (Sat), 2022
to be held in ONLINE mode.
The proposed school is intended to introduce beginning Ph.D. students and Postdoctoral fellows to research themes of current interest in Black hole physics and Gravitational waves. The lectures will be complemented by tutorial sessions that will help provide hands-on experience to the participants in employing the tools and techniques discussed in the lectures directly in their research work. The five main topics that will be the focus of the lectures are:
1. Basics of Gravitational waves (Prof. Sanjeev Dhurandhar)
2. Basics of Black hole physics (Prof. Eric Gourgoulhon)
3. Tests of General Relativity (Prof. Paolo Pani)
4. Theoretical aspects of Black hole physics (Prof. Eric Poisson and Prof. Badri Krishnan)
5. Observational aspects of Black hole physics (Prof. Monica Colpi)
We invite the interested researchers to register for the school before Dec 15, 2021.
For further details, please go to: https://physics.iitm.ac.in/~csgc/events/sbhgw