Contact:  info[AT]eipsconference.comLocation:  Belgrade, Serbia
We are pleased to announce that the first Emerging Ideas in Philosophy of Science conference will take place in Belgrade (Serbia), in person, on the 18th and 19th of September 2023. The conference will showcase concise-format presentations in the field of philosophy of science. The conference aims to spark discussions appealing to philosophers and non-specialists alike. We are honored to have Jan Sprenger (University of Turin) and Vladan Djordjevic (Belgrade) as our esteemed keynote speakers.
The Emerging Ideas conference is made in collaboration with the Philosophy Club (Filozofski Klub) and it is preceding the European Association of Philosophy of Science conference taking place in Belgrade from the 20th to the 23rd of September.
More details about the conference can be found on our website.
Call for submissions
We cordially invite students from all academic disciplines and at all levels of study to submit a summary of their emerging idea. Each submission should include an outline of a philosophical issue and an original argument that addresses the identified problem. While submissions in the field of philosophy of science are preferred, we welcome submissions from all related areas of philosophy, such as epistemology, philosophy of mind, logic, and so on.
Every accepted author will have 15 minutes to present their idea. Each presentation will be followed by 30 minutes of moderated discussion. Presentations should be short and focused. The aim of each presentation should be to spark a lively discussion among the audience; therefore, the authors are strongly encouraged to formulate questions for the audience.
* Submissions should be in English.
* Submissions should not exceed 1000 words including footnotes (references do not count towards the word limit and should be listed on a separate page).
* Submissions should be prepared for anonymous review (do not include any personal identifying information).
* Submissions should be made in .pdf format.
* The name of the author and the author’s home institution should be noted in the body of the submission email.
* Co-authored submissions are not eligible.
Deadline and Submission Email
The deadline for submissions is August 1st. Submissions should be sent to submissions[AT]eipsconference.com