IUCSS Workshop on Finsler Geometry and Lorentz Violation
An IUCSS Workshop on Finsler Geometry and Lorentz Violation will be held on the campus of Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana, U.S.A. on Friday and Saturday May 12-13, 2017.
The Workshop focus will be on the connections relating Finsler and pseudo-Finsler geometries to field-theoretic descriptions of Lorentz violation. Mathematicians and physicists will summarize relevant aspects of these active subjects and discuss prospects for future advances. The Workshop format is expected to be short talks with time for discussion. A poster session may be organized given sufficient demand.
Topics to be discussed at the Workshop are expected to include:
– Riemann-Finsler and Lorentz-Finsler manifolds
– geometry of spontaneous and explicit Lorentz violation
– SME-related pseudo-Finsler and Finsler spaces
– Finsler geometry and Lorentz- and CPT-violating field theory
– Lorentz-violating dispersion relations and geodesic flows
– physical applications of Finsler and pseudo-Finsler spaces
– phenomenological constraints on Finsler geometries and Lorentz violation
There is no registration fee for this Workshop, but online registration on or before March 31, 2017 is required. The total attendance at the Workshop will be capped due to space limitations at the venue, so early registration is advised to avoid disappointment.