World Scientific Series in Astronomy and Astrophysics – Vol. 13
From Black Clouds to Black Holes
by Jayant V Narlikar (Inter University Centre for Astronomy and Astrophysics, India)
This book presents in a simple style the success story of modern astrophysics — how the application of known physics to models of stars can, together with the observational data, help us understand what stars are made of, how they live and how they die. The account is non-technical but scientifically accurate. It is interspersed with anecdotes and analogies to make the subject matter readable and understandable even to a lay reader with some basic scientific background.
– On Stars and Humans
– Light: The Storehouse of Information
– The Vital Statistics of Stars
– How Far are the Stars?
– A Star is Born
– The Secret of Stellar Energy
– The Origin of Chemical Elements
– When Stars Explode
– Very Dense Stars
– Black Holes
– Binary and Variable Stars
– The Quest Continues
Readership: Any reader interested in astronomy.
To enjoy a 25% discount, please quote NAM2012 as your discount code when you make your purchase. This offer is valid till end of April 2012.
VIGNETTES IN GRAVITATION AND COSMOLOGY
edited by L Sriramkumar (Harish-Chandra Research Institute, India) and T R Seshadri (University of Delhi, India)
This book comprises expository articles on different aspects of gravitation and cosmology that are aimed at graduate students. The topics discussed are of contemporary interest assuming only an elementary introduction to gravitation and cosmology. The presentations are to a certain extent pedagogical in nature, and the material developed is not usually found in sufficient detail in recent textbooks in these areas.
– Non-Linear Gravitational Clustering in an Expanding Universe
– Dark Ages and Cosmic Reionization
– Probing Fundamental Constant Evolution with Redshifted Spectral Lines
– Averaging the Inhomogeneous Universe
– Probing Cosmic Magnetic Fields with the Cosmic Microwave Background Radiation
– Quantum Corrections to the Bekenstein-Hawking Entropy
– Quantum Measurement and Quantum Gravity: Many Worlds or Collapse of the Wave Function?
– Generation and Evolution of Perturbations During Inflation and Reheating
– Patterns in Neural Processing
Readership: Graduate students and researchers interested in the areas of gravitation and cosmology.
Please quote *NAM2012* as a discount code to enjoy 25% discount from now till April 2012 when you purchase a book from our collection.