In connection with the ERC Starting Grant GEODESI (Principal Investigator: Sebastien Renaux-Petel), the Institut d’Astrophysique de Paris invites applications for one postdoctoral position in primordial cosmology and theoretical high-energy physics, to start indicatively in Fall 2020. An earlier starting date is welcome and negotiable.
The position is for two years, with the possibility of a third year extension based on performance and availability of resources. Applicants must have a PhD by the time the contact starts.
The main scientific objective of the project is to determine the theoretical and observational consequences of the geometrical destabilization of inflation, and more generally of geometry-induced effects on inflation. Applicants with interests in the field of primordial cosmology broadly defined are encouraged to apply, including high-energy physicists with a strong interest in cosmological aspects. Research themes of the group include for instance: inflation and curved field space, constraints on high-energy physics, stochastic inflation, lattice field theory simulations, (p)reheating, swampland conjectures, inflation and random matrix theory, primordial non-Gaussianities, primordial black holes etc.
The IAP maintains a lively visitor program and hosts regular workshops and conferences throughout the year. The successful candidate will be immersed in an internationally visible research environment with rich intellectual and computational resources. The members of the theory group are interested in a wide range of topics, including cosmology, gravitational waves, modifications of gravity and astroparticles. More generally, IAP plays a central role in several observational programs (notably Planck and Euclid). Further information can be found on the IAP website: http://www.iap.fr/?langue=en The postdoctoral researcher will also benefit from the very large cosmology/astrophysics and theoretical physics communities in the Paris region.
The salary is competitive, depending on experience, and includes French social security benefits. Additional generous funding is available for conferences, collaborations, personal equipment and publications .
Applications consisting of a CV, cover letter, publication list, and a brief statement of research interests should be submitted into one pdf file through the website:
before December 1st, 2019. Applicants should also arrange for 3 recommendation letters to be sent directly to iap.erc.2019[AT]gmail.com by this date.
Late applications may be considered until the positions have been filled.
For informal enquiries about the position please contact Sébastien Renaux-Petel (renaux[AT]iap.fr).
French national medical insurance, Maternity/Paternity leave, Lunch subsidies, Family supplement for children, Participation to public transport fees, Pension contributions.
Note that the school is free in France for all children above 3.
In addition, the IAP/CNRS and the Cite’ Universitaire de Paris (https://access.ciup.fr/en/welcome-desk-paris/) can provide support for settling in Paris and for French lessons.
- Perimeter Postdoctoral Program and Gravitational Waves Initiative 2020, Waterloo, Canada
- Advances In Computational Relativity – ICERM@BROWN, Providence, RI, USA
- Hot topics in Modern Cosmology – Spontaneous Workshop XIV, Cargese, France
- Postdoctoral Positions at Center for Gravitation and Cosmology
- Quantum Frontiers of Technology, Gebze, Turkey
- Women in Mathematical Physics Workshop, Banff, Canada
- Postdoctoral position in gravitational wave data analysis at Utrecht University, The Netherlands
- PhD fellowship in Gravitational-Wave Astronomy, Valencia, Spain
- Postdoc position in Loop Quantum Gravity at LSU, Baton Rouge, USA
- Simons Postdoctoral Research Associate in Gravitation and Cosmology at Princeton University, USA
- Four-year Postdoctoral Position in Scattering Amplitudes and Gravitational Waves at UCLA and the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics
- Postdoctoral positions in Computational Relativistic Astrophysics division at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics at Potsdam, Germany
- Postdoctoral position in gravitational wave theory at Nikhef, Amsterdam, The Netherlands,
- Postdoctoral Research Associate Position in Gravitational Physics at the University of Virginia, USA
- Post-doctoral position in Gravitational Wave Instrumentation at UCLouvain, Belgium
- Post-doctoral position in Gravitational Wave Cosmology at UCLouvain, Belgium
- Quantum Gravity and Quantum Geometry, Nijmegen, The Netherlands
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Computational Relativistic Astrophysics and Numerical Relativity at West Virginia University, USA
- SageMath 8.9 is out
- Faculty position on gravitational wave astronomy at the University of Glasgow (Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Reader), UK
- PHAROS Conference 2020, Patras, Greece
- Translation of Lobachevsky’s papers on non-Euclidean geometry
- Black holes and neutron stars in modified gravity, Meudon, France
- Call for “La Caixa” postdoctoral fellowships at IGFAE, University of Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Postdoc position in theoretical particle physics, gravitational physics, and cosmology, Baltimore, USA
- Postdoctoral positions in Gravitational-Wave Physics and Astrophysics at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics, Potsdam, Germany
- 30th Texas Symposium on Relativistic Astrophysics: deadline extended
- Postdoc position at IGC, Penn State, USA
- Faculty position in theoretical gravitational wave physics at Utrecht University, The Netherlands