The Department of Mathematics of the Universite’ de Bourgogne (Dijon, France) offers a master’s degree in Mathematical Physics. The objectives of the two-year program in mathematical physics are, within a mathematics curriculum, to provide the students with knowledge of the advanced mathematical methods of modern theoretical physics.
The program develops mathematical methods used in a wide range of topics in theoretical physics, such as quantum field theory, statistical mechanics, general relativity, gauge theories, string theory, etc. The coursework will cover different fields of mathematics (algebra, geometry, analysis) and will highlight their applications to the problems of contemporary theoretical physics.
The student will be integrated from the very beginning into the mathematical physics group of the IMB (Institut de Mathematiques de Bourgogne), and are expected to write a master’s thesis during the second year.
All the lectures will be given in English.
A limited number of fellowships is available.
- Faculty search in Gravitational-Wave Astronomy, Birmingham, UK
- COST GWverse: Exchange of researchers working on gravitational-wave and black hole physics
- The Sixteenth Release of the Einstein Toolkit
- Quantum fields, scattering and spacetime horizons: mathematical challenges, Les Houches, France
- Relativistic Quantum Information North 2018, Vienna, Austria
- Searching for continuous gravitational waves: PhD and postdoc positions available, Hannover, Germany
- Postdoc position in Gravitational Wave source populations at Radboud University, The Netherlands
- Postdoctoral Researcher in High Energy Nuclear Physics at the University of Kansas, USA
- The Mathematics of Gravity and Light, Rhode Island, USA
- PhD position in neutron star physics at the Nicolaus Copernicus Astronomical Center (NCAC), Warsaw, Poland
- 2nd CfP: Fifth International Conference on the Nature and Ontology of Spacetime, Albena, Bulgaria
- The Third Zeldovich meeting, Minsk, Belarus (2nd announcement)
- 2nd Institute of Space Sciences Summer School on “Gravitational Wave Astronomy”, Barcelona, Spain
- AGR 2018 — Atlantic General Relativity Conference and Workshop 2018, Antigonish, NS, Canada
- Black Holes Are Forever, Rio de Janiero, Brazil
- 21st Capra meeting on Radiation Reaction in General Relativity, Potsdam, Germany
- 34th Pacific Coast Gravity Meeting, Pasadena, CA, USA (2nd announcement)
- Astrophysics, Gravity and Theoretical Elementary Particle Physics Postdoctoral Positions in Department of Physics, IIT Bombay, India
- Special Issue “Origin of the Universe”
- Special Issue “Quantum Field Theory XXI”
- Special Issue “Interplay of QCD, Cosmology and Astroparticle Physics”
- Special Issue “F(R) Gravity”
- MetroAeroSpace2018 – Special Session on “Relativistic Metrology”, Rome, Italy (1st announcement)
- Les Houches summer school on gravitational waves, Les Houches, France
- Workshop on Frontiers in Gravitation, Astrophysics, and Cosmology, Kolymbari Crete, Greece
- BritGrav18, Portsmouth, UK
- Quantum spacetime and the Renormalization Group, Bad Honnef, Germany
- Postdocs on Gravitational Wave at SYSU, Zhuhai, China
- International PhD Program on Astrophysics, Cosmology and Gravitation, Brazil