2013 Awards for Essays on Gravitation: results
GRAVITY RESEARCH FOUNDATION
PO BOX 81389
WELLESLEY HILLS MA
The trustees are pleased to announce the Awards for Essays for 2013.
1. $4,000 – Information Conservation Is Fundamental: Recovering the Lost Information in Hawking Radiation by Baocheng Zhang, Qing-yu Cai, Ming-sheng Zhan, and Li You; Wuhan Institute of Physics and Mathematics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Wuhan 430071, People’s Republic of China, Department of Physics, Tsinghua University, Beijing 100084, China; e-mail: zhangbc[AT]wipm.ac.cn, qycai[AT]wipm.ac.cn, mszhan[AT]wipm.ac.cn, lyou[AT]mail.tsinghua.edu.cn
2. $1,250 – What Is the Shape of the Initial State? by Nishant Agarwal, R. Holman, and Andrew J. Tolley; McWilliams Center for Cosmology, Department of Physics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, Department of Physics, Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA 15213, Department of Physics, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, OH 44106; e-mail: nishanta[AT]andrew.cmu.edu, rh4a[AT]andrew.cmu.edu, andrew.j.tolley[AT]case.edu
3. $1,000 – What Happens at the Horizon? by Samir D. Mathur, Department of Physics, The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH 43210; e-mail: mathur.16[AT]osu.edu
4. $750 – On Negative Mass by Jonathan Belletete and M.B. Paranjape; Departement de Physique, Universite de Montreal, Quebec, Canada, H3C 3J7; e-mail: jonathan.belletete[AT]umontreal.ca, paranj[AT]lps.umontreal.ca
5. $500 – Dark Energy with Rigid Voids versus Relativistic Voids Alone by Boudewijn F. Roukema; Nicolaus Copernicus University, ul. Gagarina 11, 87-100 Torun, Poland; e-mail: boud[AT]astro.uni.torun.pl
Selected for Honorable Mention this year were (listed in alphabetical order):
A. Accioly, J. Helayel-Neto, E. Scatena, R. Turcati; S. L. Adler; H. Arponen; M. Arzano, S. Bianco, O. Dreyer; A. Bagchi, D. Grumiller; T. Banks; S. Basilakos, J. Ademir Sales Lima, J. Sola’; A. Bhattacharyya, A. Sinha; T. Biswas; X. Calmet; S. Capozziello, T. Harko, F. S.N. Lobo, G. J. Olmo; L. Nam Chang, Z. Lewis, D. Minic, T. Takeuchi; Bin Chen, Jia-ju Zhang; B. D. Chowdhury; U.a Das, B. Mukhopadhyay; P. Girdhar, A. Kobakhidze; H. M. Haggard, C. Rovelli; R. T. Hammond; S. Hod; T. Jacobson; A. Kaya; T. S. Koivisto, D. E. Wills; B. Majumder; J. Mielczarek; D. G. Moore, V. H. Satheeshkumar; S. Mukoyama, J.-P. Uzan; D. Neill, I. Z. Rothstein; Y. Jack Ng; H. Padmanabhan, T. Padmanabhan; K. Papadodimas, S. Raju; K. Ropotenko; P. A. Sanchez, M. Bellini; C. Sivaram; M. Smerlak; D. Stojkovic; H. Telkamp; Li Xiang, Yi Ling, You Gen Shen.
This announcement and abstracts of award-winning and honorable mention essays will be posted when ready on our web site, http://www.gravityresearchfoundation.org. The five award-winning essays will be posted on our web site and published in a special issue of the International Journal of Modern Physics D (IJMPD).