Location: Kraków, Poland
Copernicus Center Scholarship for PhD Researchers, Krakow, Poland
The Copernicus Center Scholarship for PhD Researchers, funded by The John Templeton Foundation, is offered to individuals who hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of: physics, cosmology, astronomy, mathematics, philosophy of science, history of science. The dissertations should be written in English and pertain to one of the following topics:
(1) Noncommutative geometry and its application in physics;
(2) Physical viability of metric nonlinear (higher derivative) gravity theories;
(3) Scientific method at its limit. Philosophical consequences of aspects theories and models.
The Copernicus Center offers two scholarships. The candidates should either already be PhD students (for no longer than 2 years before the deadline of the contest) or should begin PhD studies (alternately obtain the status of a visiting graduate student) before the start of the scholarship. The place of the PhD studies can be negotiated with the Copernicus Center, preferably at one of the Institutes with which the members of the group are affiliated. The scholarship in the amount of $1000 (gross amount before deductions which include: taxation,social security and health insurance; the scholarship will be converted to PLN using current exchange rate) is awarded for 18 months (proposed starting date October 2012).
Eligibility: individuals who hold a Master’s degree (or equivalent) in the fields of: physics, cosmology, astronomy, mathematics, philosophy of science, history of science (adequate to the proposed research project) and are fluent in English.
(1) Preparation of 2 research papers and 4 talks during the scholarship.
(2) Preparation of the first draft of the PhD dissertation.
The applications should include:
(1) Motivation letter
(2) CV + the list of academic achievements (courses and marks, transcript of records)
(3) A scanned copy of the MA/MS diploma(s) or information on the expected date of their acquisition
(4) Research project (dissertation outline)
Apply to: info[AT]copernicuscenter.edu.pl (with the title: CCPHD)
Application deadline: May, 15, 2012
For further information concerning the research team see webpage:
All questions should be addressed to: info[AT]copernicuscenter.edu.pl
//php get_template_part( 'content', 'single' ); ?> //php comments_template( '', true ); ?>