The invited program is available at
Deadline for registration: September 10, 2012.
Registration fee: 35000 yen (5000 yen for students)
Deadline for submission of the manuscript for the proceedings: November 19, 2012
Venue: Nichii Gakkan Conference Center, Kobe, Japan
Main purpose: This 24th edition of the CCP tries for the first time to put together in the same conference researchers interested in various fields of computational science, with focus on pure and applied Physics, but also on Chemistry, Biology, Engineering, Climate, Weather, and Earth Science and so on. While single-field specialized international conferences abound, CCP2012 aims at stimulating interdisciplinary collaboration on frontier computational science (Physics etc.).
Furthermore, it is the first time that the CCP is organized in Japan and this is done on the occasion of the opening of the K-computer (presently ranked first of the TOP500) for shared use (September 2012).
1) Broad range of topics
2) 11 plenary talks with comprehensive reviews of different subjects
3) Half of the parallel session organized on the basis of numerical methods and the other half about special topics deemed of particular importance
4) The sessions based on numerical methods are meant to be meeting points of numerical specialists coming from different research fields, with the goal of expanding one’s horizons and to start new interactions
5) The above is thought to be especially useful for students
6) Speakers are invited to present: i) a comprehensive overview of the past, present, and future of their research field, ii) the reasons why the selected numerical methods are useful or necessary for their computation, iii) the tricks of the trade (the best strategies to obtain numerical solutions in the specific research), and iv) future prospects.
The CCP2012 is organized by:
University of Hyogo
The Japan Physical Society (JPS)
The Japan Society of Applied Physics (JSAP)
The conference is also endorsed by:
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science & Technology in Japan (MEXT)
The Advanced Institute for Computational Science (AICS)
Association of Asia-Pacific Physical Societies (AAPPS)
European Physical Society (EPS)
American Physical Society (APS)
The Asahi Shimbun (The Newspaper Co LTD)
The Kobe Shimbun (The Newspaper Co LTD)
The conference is supported by:
The Institute of Laser Engineering (ILE), Osaka University
The Research Center for Nuclear Physics (RCNP), Osaka University
The Earth Simulator Center (JAMSTEC)
Chinese Physical Society (CSP)
Further information and requests:
Prof. Hideaki Takabe (Osaka University),
tel. (+81) 06-6879-8731 fax (+81) 06-6879-8719