Anadijiban Das and Andrew DeBenedictis
“The General Theory of Relativity: A Mathematical Exposition”
705 pages, 105 figures.
“The General Theory of Relativity: A Mathematical Exposition” will serve readers as a modern mathematical introduction to the general theory of relativity. Throughout the book, examples, worked-out problems, and exercises (with hints and solutions) are furnished. Topics in this book include, but are not limited to:
– tensor analysis,
– the special theory of relativity,
– the general theory of relativity and Einstein’s field equations,
– spherically symmetric solutions and experimental confirmations,
– static and stationary space-time domains,
– black holes,
– cosmological models,
– algebraic classifications and the Newman-Penrose equations,
– the coupled Einstein-Maxwell-Klein-Gordon equations,
– appendices covering mathematical supplements and special topics,
Mathematical rigor, yet very clear presentation of the topics make this book a unique text for both university students and research scholars.
For full publication details please see: